Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Grand Canyon R2R

So a long time bucket list item was to do a R2R at the Grand Canyon (with next bucket being R2R2R).  Well as of May 23, 2018 my R2R bucket item is DONE.  As part of a great vacation with Nicky (partly to celebrate our 25th Anniversary), we headed out on a road trip from NE to AZ to visit my parents, then over to Flagstaff for a couple days to Run the GC with my friend Matthew N from Florida.
All smiles before we start
I could go into gory details of the run, but let's just say I had a wonderful day and saw some some unbelievably beautiful scenery.   To sum it up better than writing, check out my 6 minute youtube video, showcasing The "Canyon Adventure" . 

Gear used (I run light)
Ultraspire Spry 2.0 with 1 lr bladder, and 1 Ultraspire 250 bottle; Oakley Trail Lens Sunglasses, Altra Olympus Shoes, and squirrels nut butter shirt and more importantly anti-chafe (that stuff is awesome!)

Enjoy and may this video inspire you to get out and Run the Trails!

Looking back at the North Kaibabd
Coming Soon for June 2018 Race Report for the 12 hour Dizzy Goat Trail
Dizzy Goat

No comments:

Post a Comment